Director of Strategic Planning
About Schuman Cheese
Schuman Cheese is a fourth-generation Italian cheese company based in New Jersey. Founded in 1945 as an importing business, today the family-owned business is also a cheese manufacturer and processor with a diverse network of partner cheese companies and customers around the globe.
The company offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k retirement program, paid vacation, holidays and product discount. The culture is fast paced and collaborative. We believe in enhancing everyday eating experiences with the highest quality cheeses. We do so with honesty and integrity, pride in our products, innovation, industry leadership and a commitment to the wellbeing of our family, employees, suppliers, customers and community. We have a passion for cheeses and for bringing top talent into our organization that can share this passion, do great work and enhance our organization.
Working as part of a small team, the Director of Strategic Planning (DSP) will be responsible for managing the relationship with leaders across the business to develop and execute group and divisional strategies, help accelerate changes and ensure high quality decision making. The DSP will have the opportunity to work with the most senior leaders of our business on a day to day basis.
- Manage the relationship with specific business leaders to help them develop and grow their divisions according to plan
- Contribute to continuous development of the overall strategy
- Plan, scope, manage and execute research projects to inform and challenge decision makers
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that key strategic projects are executed on time and in a high quality way
- Partner with the Innovation and Product teams, the DSP will provide competitive analysis, market insights, and internal data analysis to drive decision making and ensure product success
- Support identification of M&A and other growth opportunities
- Support the Senior Leadership Team with ad hoc requests in a timely, accurate and insightful way
With a strong potential for growth, we are looking for someone who will raise a hand to step in, solve problems, and get things done. This role requires flexibility and adaptability as projects will change drastically. Perfect for an experienced business leader who is interested in getting hands-on experience in a growing food company.
- 5-10 years of business experience, with specialization in strategy, preferably at top consulting firm
- Comfort working with people across functions, including marketing, finance, sales, and operations
- Strong quantitative skills and experience building models, with proven ability to distill complex findings into an actionable plan to support commercial decision making
- Extensive project management skills and experience of managing multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Market research experience
- Highly motivated and proactive with a strong sense of accountability – a desire to grow our business
- Solutions focused with ability to influence and challenge stakeholders at the most senior level
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Continuously seek improvement to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness
- Have a methodical approach and enthusiasm for correctness and completeness of results
- MBA strongly preferred
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Passionate about great food, especially cheese
- Willingness to travel ~10-15%
This role will be based in New York City or Fairfield, NJ, depending on candidate preferences.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Ilana Fischer, EVP Innovation & Strategy, at email@example.com.